August 23, 2005

LawMemeVindicated by DNA

Vindicated by DNA Posted by Rebecca Bolin on Monday, August 01 @ 16:09:32 EDT News A friend volunteering for the Innocence Project at Cardozo School of Law sent me this article (typo of Cardoza seems to be AP's) about a man released from prison following a DNA test after serving eighteen years of a wrongful rape conviction. The Innocence Project write-up has some different details than the AP version. My friend was really happy about this. "Isn't this great?!" My feelings are more mixed. It's rather sobering that this can happen in the first place and that a few little mistakes can cost a man with small children so much of his life. I wonder how the victim feels, even if she honestly thought that was the right guy. So, I suppose it's great that science finally showed the truth, but those eighteen years are still lost.

No comments: